There are times that bad breath bothers me, particularly in the morning. My husband, on the other hand, has a hard time, which I really feel could be attributed to dental issues. For awhile now, we’ve looked for something to help him; he’s tried using different types of mouthwash because that supposedly kill bacteria in the mouth. I’ve even started buying a new toothpaste that’s supposed to kill bacteria. More recently, though, we’ve been introduced to TheraBreath.
TheraBreath was developed by Dr. Harold Katz, in response to his own daughter’s struggles with bad breath. TheraBreath makes several different products, but we’ve had the opportunity to try the Fresh Breath Toothpaste, the Fresh Breath Oral Rinse, and the Fresh Breath Lozenges.The products are naturally oxygenating and help to get rid of dry mouth. Just to share a bit about each product….
- The Fresh Breath Toothpaste contains aloe vera; it’s supposed to be good for both the teeth and gums. It contains no sodium lauryl sulfate and is guaranteed to work for 24 hours. I noticed that it does have a mild flavor to it; it smells very minty, but the flavor is not that strong at all. It has peppermint oil and fluoride. It’s a clear gel-like toothpaste, very smooth. Used in conjunction with the oral rinse, it works very well to give a clean mouth/fresh breath effect.
- The Fresh Breath Oral Rinse actually contains several ingredients, including baking soda; you can definitely tell it contains baking soda. It doesn’t have a bad taste….just a very mild taste. It smells very minty and is a clear liquid. It’s best to use the oral rinse twice a day with the toothpaste, but there are also detailed, full-scale instructions if you really struggle with bad breath, including even how to brush your whole mouth. Together this system is supposed to really kill the germs in your mouth, meaning bad breath goes away.
- Finally, the Fresh Breath Lozenges are nice because they also attack germs and help to freshen breath, but they are so much easier to carry with you for a quick freshening up. They have a mandarin mint flavor and actually taste pretty good. You get 100 wrapped lozenges in one box, meaning it’s easy to just grab a few and put in a purse or bag. These lozenges really help with dry mouth and help to get the saliva flowing, meaning less germs (aka, bad breath). They contain natural ingredients like Citrus and Mint Leaf and only need to be used every 3-4 hours.
The one thing my husband commented on about these products is that they induced salivation and really got his mouth watering. It wasn’t that he was drooling or anything, but they really do work, in that regard. Both he and I noticed a difference with his breath; I noticed that unlike his normal mouthwash, this seemed to stay with him and work a lot longer….meaning he would brush his teeth first thing in the morning and still have great breath an hour or so later when he walked out the door for work. That’s sayin’ something because we’ve struggled to find something that would help, let alone last for more than 5 minutes, literally.
Now, I’m not saying that this works for everyone….in fact, I’d like to add a disclaimer that I’m making no guarantees of any kind, including medical. However, the company does guarantee the products. If a customer is not satisfied with how the products work, they will refund that customer’s money. You can purchase the toothpaste and oral rinse for $10.50 each; the lozenges are $13. Be sure to find out more on the TheraBreath YouTube channel.
The great news is that TheraBreath is giving one MamaBuzz reader 1 tube of the TheraBreath Toothpaste and 1 bottle of TheraBreath Oral Rinse! You can enter to win by doing one or more of the following; just be sure to leave a separate comment for each way that you enter. I’ll draw the winner, via random.org, on Wednesday, April 20. This giveaway is open to U.S. only. Good luck, and have a wonderful day!
- Visit TheraBreath, and let me know what product you would most like to try and why.
- Like TheraBreath on Facebook.
- Follow @therabreath on Twitter.
- Tweet about this giveaway; you can tweet daily to earn extra entries.
- Leave a comment on The Bad Breath Blog.
- Follow MamaBuzz or subscribe to our posts.
- Follow @mamabzz on Twitter.
- Like MamaBuzz on Facebook.
(Disclosure: I received the toothpaste, oral rinse, and lozenges, free of charge, from TheraBreath, for the purposes of this review. All views/opinions are solely my own.)