I don’t know why I haven’t been introduced to the Llama Llama books before now, but somehow we’ve missed this series by author Anna Dewdney. Her latest book, Llama Llama Home with Mama, is such an adorable read; there really is no other way to put it. As I read this book, my heart just melted.
Llama Llama Home with Mama is the sweetest story, written in rhyming prose, about Llama Llama who wakes up one morning not feeling so good. It’s soon discovered that he is sick and must stay home with Mama Llama. Mama takes such good care of Llama Llama, even keeping him entertained when he’s so bored, he can’t figure out what to do next, tucking him in when he dozes off to sleep. Unfortunately, just as Llama Llama is starting to feel better, it would seem that Mama Llama is coming down with his sickness. (Isn’t that just the truth with us moms and dads?) What is Llama Llama to do?
Finally, Llama Llama figures out that taking care of Mama is just what he should do, and he gets busy comforting and serving Mama Llama. The best part of the book is the end, which I will not spoil for you.
AhhhÃ¢â‚¬Â¦CHOO! Llama Llama wakes up feeling under the weather. His head is feeling hot and his throat is sore.Ã‚Â No school for little Llama today. What is there to do all day? Being sick is such a bore. But when Mama begins to feel sick, Llama knows just what to do. He gets her tissues, fluffs her pillow, and finds a book to read together. Spending time with each other may be just the thing to help Llama and Mama feel better!
This book is a must read for children 2 and up and can be purchased for $17.99 from Penguin. You can play games, watch videos, and learn more on Llama Llama.
The great news is that we are giving away 3 copies of Llama Llama Home with Mama to 3 lucky MamaBuzz readers (1 book each). You can enter to win by doing one or more of the following. Just be sure to leave a separate comment for each way that you enter. I’ll draw the winner, via random.org, on Monday, October 3. This giveaway is open to U.S. only. Good luck, and have a wonderful day!
- What was the most memorable book you remember reading & enjoying when you were a kid? Share in the comments.
- Follow @penguinkids on Twitter.
- Tweet about this giveaway, one time only.
- Follow MamaBuzz or subscribe to our posts.
- Follow @mamabzz on Twitter.
- Like MamaBuzz on Facebook.
Latest posts by Mel Lockcuff (see all)
- Back to School Snack Tips for the Homeschool Family (and a NatureBox Coupon for the Win!) - August 29, 2014
- Dear Homeschool Mom - August 28, 2014
- I Heart a Great Burger. Have You Entered the #BeefSelfie Instagram Contest? - August 27, 2014