A few years ago, when I first started blogging, a college friend, Ruth (from The Stiles Family), introduced me to a Chicken Wing Dip recipe. The first time I made it, I switched up a couple of ingredients (substituting barbecue sauce for hot sauce and Ranch dressing for Blue Cheese; Ruth actually suggested the Ranch dressing). It’s been a family favorite ever since, and every year about Superbowl time, we make it and enjoy. There’s just something about cream cheese and barbecue sauce mixed together…. yum!
Below is a printable recipe, without photos, for your convenience. The first step is to cook the chicken and shred with forks. Next, spread cream cheese on the bottom of a pie plate. Mix the barbecue sauce with the chicken. Spread the barbecue mixture on top of the cream cheese. Then pour Ranch dressing on the chicken mixture. Sprinkle the entire plate with Mozzarella. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese melts and is bubbly.
We like to serve ours warm with tortilla chips. It’s oh so delicious, and if you’re not careful, addictive. Enjoy!
- 1 - 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
- ½ to 1 lb. chicken, cooked & shredded (or 1 large can shredded chicken, drained)
- ⅓ to ½ cup barbecue sauce
- ⅓ cup Ranch dressing
- Shredded Mozzarella
- Cook chicken, and shred with forks. Spread cream cheese on bottom of pie plate. Mix barbecue sauce with shredded chicken.
- Spread barbecue mixture on top of cream cheese. Pour Ranch dressing on top of barbecue chicken mixture. Sprinkle entire plate with Mozzarella, and bake for 15-20 minutes at 350° or until cheese melts and is bubbly.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips or desired snack. Perfect for parties or get-togethers. Enjoy!
(This post may be shared on these creative linky parties.)