We recently had a very blustery, cold, snowy day, so we came up with a fun lunch (or dinner) idea that our kids loved, we loved…. it was an all around winner. It was a build your own salad buffet that included lots of yummy foods like tomatoes, avocados, shredded cheese, grilled chicken, bacon (yes, bacon), eggs, and more.
For a while now, we’ve enjoyed 2 eggs, 7 grain toast, and milk for breakfast most mornings. I’ve noticed that I feel fuller for much longer when I have this for breakfast. I’ve often wondered, though, if it’s the healthiest option. After doing a little research, I found the following.
Interesting Facts about Eggs
- For instance, did you know that the protein in eggs not only helps build muscle but it also helps you feel fuller longer? Eating the yolk, in addition to the white, can help with muscle building.
- And did you know that eggs are really not bad for your cholesterol levels when cooked the right way? Instead of cooking our eggs in butter, we’re going to try olive oil.
- There are so many benefits to the addition of eggs to your diet. Eggs contain necessary vitamins.
(Articles for Reference: 1) MYTH: Egg Yolks Are Bad for You via Jillian Michaels; 2) Should I Stop Eating Eggs to Control Cholesterol? (Diet Myth 4) via Cleveland Clinic; Amazing Eggs: Busting the Cholesterol Myth via Huffington Post; and 15 Foods to Help You Lose Weight via Good Housekeeping.)
You can find my recipe for your own Ultimate Snowy Day Salad Buffet on the Great Day Farms website. Enjoy!
Latest posts by Mel Lockcuff (see all)
- Garden Fresh Baked Frittata - July 22, 2014
- Help Kids in Your Community Enjoy a Hunger-Free Summer; Ways to Join the Cause - July 21, 2014
- What Makes You Sparkle? Enter an Amazing Contest! #SparkleWithDASANI - July 18, 2014