As a family, I think it’s safe to say that we all love Harry Potter. You may have seen A Muggle’s Guide to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter…. Well, if you haven’t gone yet, 2014 is the year to do it. Diagon Alley will be opening at Universal Studios this summer. One of the most exciting things about this, to me, is that visitors will be able to board the Hogwarts Express and take a trip from London’s King Cross Station (in Universal Studios) to Hogsmeade Station (in Islands of Adventure). They want guests to feel like they’ve stepped onto the actual Hogwarts Express. I don’t know how they’re going to do it, but visitors will have views of London and the British countryside along the way, so very cool. But that’s not all.
Diagon Alley Webcast at Universal Orlando
Last week I had the opportunity to view a live webcast that unveiled all new details about the new Diagon Alley. In fact, it featured James Phelps, better known as Fred Weasley from the Harry Potter films. You can view the webcast here….
There will be several exciting new additions and attractions to this part of the park, including shops, restaurants, and a new ride for thrill seekers.
Shops in Diagon Alley
- Madam Malkin’s Robes for All Occasions – wizard clothing, uniforms, and costumes
- Magical Menagerie – featuring plush animals like owls, snakes, and toads
- Ollivander’s: Makers of Fine Wands since 382 BC – wands galore
- Wiseacre’s Wizarding Equipment – featuring star charts, telescopes, cauldrons, time turners, and more
- Quality Quidditch Supplies – robes, brooms, Golden Snitches, Bludgers, Quaffles, and more
- Scribbulus – where guests can shop for quills, parchment, diaries, stationery, postcards, etc.
- Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes – where guests can find all things mischievous, including novelties
- Explore the darker side of magic in Knockturn Alley, as well, where you’ll find Borgin and Burkes
Dining in Diagon Alley
- Florean Fortescue’s Ice-Cream Parlour – all different flavors of ice cream and frozen treats
- Leaky Cauldron – a full menu with traditional British foods, including fish and chips, bangers and mash, and more.
New Attraction in Diagon Alley
- A new ride, Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts, which will be a multi-dimensional thrill ride. I don’t know about you, but when we saw the movies, I knew Harry’s adventures in Gringotts would make for an awesome ride…. couldn’t you just imagine it?
Travel on the Hogwarts Express will require a park to park pass; honestly, both times we’ve been to Universal, the park hopper pass was the best way to go. It allowed us the freedom to explore both parks to the hilt. You can find more info by visiting universalorlando.com/harrypotter.